CBD Your Way: Cooking With CBD
With the development of CBD into everything from gummies to spa products, it is time for you to take it home and start customizing some CBD infused recipes of your very own. We have seen CBD-laced cocktails popping up in restaurants around the country and edibles have been trendy since the ’60s. Let’s take it a step further than the brownie.
Here are some tips for cooking with CBD and a few recipes to get you inspired.
Don’t Skip the Fat
Cannabinoids bind best with fat-based ingredients like butter, ghee, or coconut oil. If you are using CBD isolate, be sure you use the best technique to infuse it into your carrier oil. CBD School gives step-by-step instructions and a video.
Watch the Heat
Excessive heat can damage CBD oils, cause them to evaporate, lose their potency, make it bitter, and even kill active components. Simply warming the oil can increase the effectiveness of it, so do not place your CBD in direct heat.
Mind Your Dosage and Portions
Even though you don’t have to worry about any psychoactive properties, taking more CBD than you need may make you drowsy. It is easy to get heavy-handed with the oil when first starting out. Don’t use the CBD-infused fat as a complete substitute for the fat in a recipe, only replace what your dosage requires per serving. That being said, when your culinary masterpiece is finished, mind your portions as well.
Because CBD should be infused into fat, and fats tend to rise to the top, be sure to stir thoroughly throughout the cooking process. Incorporation is the only way to achieve equal potency.
Makes 2 cups
2 cups butter, cubed
1 cup water
20 ML CBD oil
- Place butter, water, and CBD oil into a pot
- Heat over low heat for 2 hours
- Let the mixture cool slightly
- Stir and pour into an airtight container then refrigerate and use like regular butter
¾ cup macadamia nuts
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp CBD oil
1/3 cup almond flour
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Stevia or monk fruit to taste
2 tbsp cacao nibs
- Place macadamia nuts in a blender or food processor and blend until you get a thick paste then add in the melted coconut oil and CBD oil. Blend until smooth. You may need to add extra coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the nut butter, almond flour, shredded coconut, cinnamon, and vanilla and combine until dough forms. Add stevia or monk fruit to taste and fold in cacao nibs.
- Scoop 1 tbsp of dough and roll it into a small ball and repeat until all the dough is used.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a week or freezer for a month.
1 ½ tbsp juice from a lime
1 large plum or Roma tomato, seeded and diced
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
1 garlic clove
½ tsp salt
1-2 tsp jalapeno or serrano pepper, minced (leave the seeds and membrane if you like it spicy)
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pits; scoop the flesh and add to a bowl with lime juice. Mash with a fork until creamy with chunks.
- On a cutting board, crush the garlic with salt to make a paste with the flat part of a knife or by chopping the salted crushed clove.
- Add the CBD oil to the avocado mixture and fold in evenly. Then add the tomato, garlic/salt, and peppers.
- Adjust to taste with extra salt, peppers, and lime juice. Serve immediately or lay plastic wrap directly on top of the guacamole and refrigerate up to one day.
CBD hemp oil is versatile and can be used in a myriad of different ways like as a finishing oil for pesto spaghetti, as an additive for smoothies, or in your favorite vinaigrette recipe. Reap the benefits of CBD while enjoying your favorite recipes.
CBD ENERGY BOOST ORAL SPRAYCBD WELLNESS
0.25oz | 8ml
CBD HEALTH & WELLNESS ORAL SPRAYCBD WELLNESS
0.25oz | 8ml
CBD DAY SKIN REVIVER CREAMCBD SKIN CARE
1oz | 30ml
CBD AFTER SUN RENEW & REJUVENATECBD WELLNESS
2oz | 60ml
$64.49Add to cart
CBD PET ORAL DROPSCBD ANIMALS AND PETS
250MG | BTL
1oz | 30ml