How CBD Topical Products Work With The ECS
Typically, we think of marijuana or cannabis consumption as ingested orally through edibles, tinctures or smoking. However, oral dosing represents only one way to receive the therapeutic benefits of cannabis. Topicals have gained popularity for their healing and restorative properties.
Applying topicals comes with advantages over baked goods or smoking products:
- Smoking irritates the lungs, and those with conditions such as COPD or respiratory ailments should limit or avoid smoking.
- Baking or making tinctures represents considerable time and effort and also a significant cost.
- Other than added essential oils or other added fragrance, topicals do not permeate your surroundings with the odor of hemp.
- Some topicals, such as hemp CBD oils and serums serve a dual purpose either as an edible or a topical application.
HOW CBD TOPICALS WORK WITH THE ECS:
The skin or area of concern represents the site for the topical application. The skin makes up the body’s largest organ and a very receptive one at that. The local application provides instant relief. However, the oil or lotion applied does not reach the bloodstream, and it takes up to 48 hours for the full healing benefits to take effect.
When applying CBD skin care products such as hemp CBD oil to the skin, it works directly with the ECS which stands for Endocannabinoid System. A series of small endogenous molecules referred to as endocannabinoids running throughout the body make up the ECS. The ECS was discovered and named in the 1980s during research conducted to determine why cannabis seemed helpful for so many ailments and conditions. Balance or homeostasis represents the primary role of the ECS.
The proper strain of cannabis makes the ECS more effective. The ECS directs the medicine on a cellular level, targeting the C1 or C2 receptors accordingly. Positive results include pain relief, reduced inflammation, stress relief, and even improvements in appearance. Some of the conditions alleviated by topical treatments include:
- Arthritis and other joint pain
- Autoimmune disorders such as fibromyalgia
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Skin conditions such as allergic reactions, psoriasis, and eczema
- Stress and anxiety
Legal issues and the lack of approval and overall involvement from the FDA brings limitations to the research needed to solidify the health advantages of topical cannabis, hemp CBD oil or CBD wellness products in general. Nine states have legalized recreational marijuana, and thirty states have medical marijuana legislation. Hemp CBD oil drops and other products lacking THC represent no legal barriers, calling for more research.
Forms of Topical Cannabis
Your ailment should guide your choice between a CBD or THC based products. CBD wellness products and marijuana both derive from the Cannabis Sativa species of the cannabis plant. Several differences distinguish the two varieties, but the most notable is the level of tetrahydrocannabinol or THC. THC is the component known for its psychoactive properties resulting in a euphoric high. A hemp plant is less than .3% THC whereas a marijuana plant has at least .5% and as much as 30%.
Most topical cannabis products fall under the hemp or CBD category which makes them legal to purchase online or at a retailer without needing a medical marijuana card.
Topical cannabis products come in the following forms:
- Hemp CBD oil products include CBD tinctures with pure CBD. Though typically consumed orally and added to beverages, placing a few CBD hemp oil drops under the tongue works as well.
- Serums such as our excellent toner help to tighten the skins pores as part of your CBD skin care routine.
- Gels work well for pain relief, especially when conveniently packaged as a roll-on.
- Creams and lotions formulations include hemp CBDanti agingproducts such as those for moisturizing and caring for the entire body and also those to target specific and problem areas such as the face, neck, and chest.
- Sprays with hemp CBD oil for sleep offer a soothing option to assist in getting your rest.
As always, check with a doctor or health care professional if you have questions or concerns about using topicals or other cannabis products. For more information on topical products and hemp CBD oil products online visit us here.
CBD DAY & NIGHT FACE MOISTURECBD SKIN CARE
1oz | 30ml
CBD Softgels Zero THC 900MGCBD CONSUMABLES
900MG / Bottle
CBD DAY SKIN REVIVER CREAMCBD SKIN CARE
1oz | 30ml
CBD FACE TONERCBD SKIN CARE
4oz | 118ml