CAN CBD HELP WITH ANXIETY?
Anxiety can interfere with your self-esteem, your relationships, and your interactions with the world around you. While occasional feelings of anxiety are to be expected, an untreated anxiety disorder can affect your health and wellbeing. You may be surprised to learn how CBD can potentially alleviate your anxiety symptoms.
The Many Potential Symptoms of Anxiety Disorders
Nearly twenty percent of our population lives with anxiety, a condition that does not discriminate by age, ethnicity or gender. Anxiety disorders can interfere with your daily life and take the pleasure out of otherwise enjoyable activities. While there are several distinct types of anxiety, the symptoms are similar. If you are living with anxiety, you may recognize a number of these common symptoms:
- A rapid heart rate
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty concentrating
- Feeling restless, nervous or tense
- Feelings of danger or impending doom
- Sweating and trembling
- Digestive disturbances or changes in appetite
- Feeling dizzy, tired, or weak
- Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- A habit of trying to avoid your anxiety triggers
Standard Treatment for Anxiety Disorders
While there are several medications available to combat anxiety symptoms, many physicians typically avoid prescribing antianxiety medication long-term because they are potentially addictive. For long-term anxiety treatment, antidepressant medications are typically prescribed.
The simple truth is, these medications are not always effective and have a long list of potential side effects. While some of the side effects are mild, others can be debilitating. Just a few of the potential side effects of these medications include:
- Suicidal thoughts
- Weight gain
- Kidney damage
A Natural Product to Relieve Anxiety Symptoms
Many people are looking beyond their pharmacist’s shelves to relieve their anxiety symptoms. CBD supplements continue to gain loyal enthusiasts, for good reason. CBD, the extract of the cannabis plant, shows remarkable potential to supplement your endocannabinoid system and relieve the symptoms of anxiety.
Understanding the Significance of Your Endocannabinoid System
Your endocannabinoid system is a network of messengers and receptors that make up the communication system between your body and brain. Your neurotransmitters, your endocannabinoids, are the messengers. Your body makes two endocannabinoids that interact with the receptors located throughout your body and brain to regulate your:
- Heart rate and cardiovascular system
- Moods and emotions
- Thought processes
- Sleep cycles
- Digestive processes
- Muscle movement
- Memory and learning
- Pain perception
- Temperature and metabolism
When you are under the stress of an illness or injury, your body may not be able to produce enough endocannabinoids to keep up with your needs. This system is so crucial to the function of your body that some researchers now believe that many health issues are caused by endocannabinoid deficiencies.
Fortunately, your body also responds to the cannabinoids found in cannabis. These exogenous (source outside the body) cannabinoids mimic the effects of endocannabinoids, potentially restoring balance to your endocannabinoid system.
The Endocannabinoids Found in Natural Hemp Oil
Now that you know your body responds to the exogenous cannabinoids in CBD, you may be surprised to learn that there are two sources. CBD can be extracted from marijuana or hemp. CBD sourced from hemp provides all the potential benefits of endocannabinoid supplementation, without the high levels of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the cannabinoid responsible for the type of intoxication marijuana is known for.
While marijuana contains 5-30 percent THC, hemp contains only trace amounts (.30 percent). You will not get high from hemp oil, no matter how much you consume. That explains why hemp oil (CBD) supplements are available without a prescription.
Connecting the Dots Between CBD and Anxiety
CBD is not a medication or a cure for any known disorder, but research shows that CBD has potentially the same effect on your brain as anxiolytic and antidepressant medications, without the risk of potentially dangerous side effects.
Since the discovery of your endocannabinoid system is relatively new, the research into the effect of cannabinoids is also new. Preliminary studies are typically quite fascinating, particularly studies investigating the use of CBD for anxiety symptoms.
- Studies in animal models and human studies indicate that CBD is shown to reduce anxiety symptoms. These reports suggest future clinical studies involving patients with panic disorders, social anxiety, panic disorders, post-traumatic stress, and obsessive-compulsive disorders are
- CBD is shown to be potentially beneficial for the treatment of social anxiety. Half of the test subjects with anxiety participating in a simulated public speaking test were given a dose of CBD, while others were given a placebo. Test subjects given CBD showed significantly reduced anxiety levels and less cognitive impairment than those who were given the placebo.
- A Brazillian study reported that after consuming CBD, those living with social anxiety indicated their anxiety symptoms decreased dramatically. Researchers then validated the tests subjects reports by scanning their brains. The scans showed blood flow patterns consistent with an anxiolytic (antianxiety)
CBD has the potential to supplement and support the processes regulated by your endocannabinoid system, including the symptoms of anxiety. For the best hemp-sourced CBD health and wellness products, visit Terra Vida online. For the potential to alleviate your anxiety symptoms, take a few minutes to view our selection of CBD tinctures, vape pens, and capsules. While you are there, you may want to investigate the potential benefits of our anti-aging, skincare, and CBD pet products.
CBD FACE CLEANSERCBD SKIN CARE
4oz | 118ml
CBD BEFORE & AFTER RADIATION CREAMCBD WELLNESS
2oz | 60ml
CBD CHEW TREATS FOR PETSCBD ANIMALS AND PETS
5MG CBD per Serving
2.12oz | 60g
CBD DROPS 500MGCBD CONSUMABLES
1FL OZ (30ml)