CBD for Anxiety
Anxiety symptoms are the result of an excited central nervous system. The symptoms of anxiety are often triggered by stress. Many people experience the effects of stress as anxiety that can last for hours or days at a time.
To combat the symptoms of anxiety, doctors often prescribe medications to calm an excited nervous system or balance the key neurotransmitters responsible for regulating moods and emotions. Unfortunately, the medications used to combat anxiety symptoms pose a long list of potential side effects and a high risk of causing chemical dependency. Prescription medications are not right for everyone.
Many people living with anxiety prefer using safe, natural methods of anxiety relief. The quest for natural treatment options often leads those living with anxiety to investigate the many potential health and wellness benefits of CBD.
LIVING WITH THE SYMPTOMS OF ANXIETY
Researchers believe that anxiety disorders are caused by any combination of chemical imbalances, genetic predisposition, and environmental triggers. While there are many types of anxiety including situational anxiety, social anxiety, general anxiety, and panic disorders, they have similar symptoms. Just a few of the many difficult symptoms of anxiety include:
- Feelings of impending doom or danger
- Elevated heart rate
- Difficulty catching your breath
- Feeling tense, nervous, or jittery
- Trembling and sweating
- Sleep disturbances or insomnia
- Digestive disturbances including nausea or diarrhea
- Feeling tired, weak, or dizzy
- The impulse to avoid anxiety triggers
When stress triggers anxiety symptoms, it is likely that you will feel the effects of heightened anxiety until the alarm sounded within your sympathetic nervous system is diffused. CBD is shown to diffuse that alarm. To understand how CBD hemp oil could alleviate your symptoms it is helpful to understand what CBD is and how it can work within your body. The answers lie in the regulation of your endocannabinoid system.
CBD Influences Your Endocannabinoid System
Your recently discovered endocannabinoid system is responsible for regulating nearly every significant function in your body, including the processes that regulate your moods and emotional responses. Your endocannabinoid system relies on a complex network of messengers and receptors. It facilitates the communication between your body and your brain. Your endocannabinoid system regulates:
- Stress responses
- Moods and emotions
- Memory and learning
- Sleep cycles
- Digestive processes
- Thermal regulation
- Energy and metabolism
- Reproductive processes
- Cardiovascular functions
- Immune system function
- Pain perception
The Messengers of Your Endocannabinoid System
The messengers of your endocannabinoid system are called cannabinoids. There are two potential sources, the messengers created in your body (2-AG and anandamide) and the messengers found in cannabis. Your endocannabinoid system is named for its ability to interact with cannabis. Consider the following:
- The cannabinoids created in your body are your endocannabinoids. Your endocannabinoids (2-AG and anandamide) are created as your body needs them and are rapidly broken down by enzymes.
- The cannabinoids in cannabis are called exogenous cannabinoids. There are two potential sources of exogenous cannabinoids, hemp and marijuana. Exogenous cannabinoids are stronger and longer lasting than endocannabinoids.
CBD is a Non-Psychoactive Component of Cannabis
CBD is the scientific abbreviation for cannabidiol, one of the 113 non-psychoactive cannabinoids found in cannabis. Each of the cannabis cousins contains ample amounts of CBD. Only one of the many cannabinoids in cannabis, THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) has a psychoactive effect. While marijuana contains high amounts of THC, hemp does not. Hemp contains only trace amounts, .3 percent or less. Hemp oil cannot cause intoxication.
The Significance of Endocannabinoid Deficiencies
When your body is under the taxing influences of stress, illness, or injury, it may need more endocannabinoid messengers that it produces to keep communications running smoothly. This increased need for support can lead to endocannabinoid deficiencies. Many researchers now believe endocannabinoid deficiencies cause disease.
Fortunately, CBD mimics the effects of your naturally occurring cannabinoids and supports the function of your endocannabinoid system. This helps keep your body in homeostasis, the balance necessary to sustain life. Because of its effect on your endocannabinoid system, CBD has the potential to:
- Reduce the symptoms of anxiety
- Minimize the symptoms of depression
- Enhance cognitive function
- Improve sleep
- Boost immune system function
- Reduce withdrawal symptoms
- Improve digestion and metabolism
- Alleviate pain and inflammation
Alleviating Anxiety Symptoms with CBD Hemp Oil
Hemp-sourced CBD hemp oil is shown to provide an anxiolytic and anti-depressant effects similar to prescription medications. It is also shown to protect your brain from the negative consequences of long-term stress. CBD does this by influencing the receptors of the endocannabinoid system and several non-endocannabinoid receptors, including the GABA and serotonin receptors. GABA and serotonin targets are instrumental to anxiety treatment. Consider the following:
- GABA is a neurotransmitter that blocks some of the impulses between nerve cells. The medications typically used to treat anxiety target GABA receptors in the same manner.
- Seratonin, one of the neurotransmitters affecting your moods and emotions, creates an excitatory or inhibitory response depending on the composition of the message it delivers. Many antidepressant medications work by increasing available serotonin
CBD is not a medication; it is a natural dietary supplement. Supplementing your endocannabinoid system with hemp CBD hemp oil could help alleviate your anxiety symptoms by mimicking the effects of your naturally occurring endocannabinoids and influencing the receptors of your GABA and serotonin systems.
For quality hemp-sourced CBD health and wellness products, visit Terra Vida online. Our selection of CBD tinctures, vape pens, and capsules could help alleviate your anxiety symptoms.
CBD CAPSULES 750mgCBD CONSUMABLES
750MG / Bottle
CBD DAY & NIGHT FACE MOISTURECBD SKIN CARE
1oz | 30ml
CBD BROWN SUGAR SCRUBCBD SPA
8oz | 236ml
CBD GUMMIES 30CBD CONSUMABLES
30 Per Bag