Health problems associated with anxiety:
At the very least, anxiety makes us feel uncomfortable and squelches our productivity. Additionally, the stress related to anxiety causes the production of cortisol, and that may contribute to severe and even life-threatening conditions such as:
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Heart disease
- IBS and other serious digestive issues
OTC and prescription drugs:
When anxiety prevents us physically or emotionally from leading a normal life, we often turn to medications or other forms of treatment to help us get through our day to day routines.
The pharmaceutical industry, of course, has seized this profitable opportunity and offer an array of drugs to assist us in coping on a daily basis. The problems with these prescription solutions include adverse and potentially dangerous side-effects and high costs.
Some of the pharmaceuticals are as follows:
- Benzodiazepines are often prescribed to treat social anxiety such as fear of intimacy, or public speaking. Labeled under the name of Xanax, drowsiness and balance issues make up its common side-effects.
- Buspirone treats both long-term inherited conditions such as panic disorder and occasional short-term bouts of anxiety. This drug affects the chemistry of the brain and potentially comes with dizziness, nausea, and headaches.
- Antidepressants such as Paxil and Zoloft represent some of the most commonly prescribed drugs for anxiety. Patients sometimes complain of such side-effects as dizziness, dry mouth, nausea, and sexual dysfunction.
- Tricyclics specifically treat Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Weight gain and constipation represent this drug’s adverse side-effects.
The CBD Solution:
CBD hemp oil and other CBD products derive from the cannabis sativa plant. CBD hemp oil has no tetrahydrocannabinol or THC which means it won’t make you high. CBD or cannabinol represents one of the most common cannabinoids from the hemp version of the sativa plant. Marijuana also comes from the same plant species, but to be dubbed marijuana, the THC content must measure between .5 and 30 percent. A hemp plant contains less than .3 percent of THC.
How CBD Works:
Commissioned research in the 1980s led to the discovery of the Endocannabinoid System or ECS. The study took place with the purpose of determining why cannabis products alleviated so many different ailments.
A series of endocannabinoids or acidic molecules running throughout the body and its systems make up the ECS. Homeostasis or balance throughout the body represents the primary function of the ECS
The ECS experiences compromise due to diseases such as autoimmune disorders, poor lifestyle choices and unusual stress and circumstances. Cannabis in the form of CBD hemp and marijuana assist in facilitating the ECS during these challenging circumstances. Cannabis helps the ECS because the cannabis plant itself embodies the same type of system as the ECS referred to as phytocannabinoids. Phytocannabinoids protects the plant and promotes growth.
CBD products work well with other natural remedies such as yoga, acupuncture, massage and even behavioral therapy.
Advantages of CBD hemp oil and other CBD products:
Marijuana and THC do have substantial medicinal value. THC does come with some adverse effects including impaired motor skills and loss of motivation.
CBD hemp oil and other CBD products have shown to relieve anxiety with little or no adverse side-effects. Working with the ECS, doses of CBD target the area and need at the cellular level including the brain and the nervous system. Additionally, CBD alleviates the symptoms of the conditions that stress may exacerbate. CBD products contribute to the alleviation of anxiety by promoting homeostasis, improving sleep, and controlling pain.