Acne treatment with CBD
Many people suffer from acne. Although this annoying (and sometimes painful) skin condition is most often seen in teenagers, it can last long into adulthood. It can be difficult to treat, with most sufferers trying a multitude of different products while still only seeing minimal results. The good news is that hope for acne relief is on the horizon. The answer? CBD oil.
Symptoms of Acne
Acne is a very common skin condition which can cause a wide range of symptoms which vary from person to person. Different types of acne can show different issues, also. The most common symptoms include:
- Red bumps on the face, back, chest, or buttocks
- Blackheads – black dots on the face
- Large, open pores
- Redness and swelling surrounding bumps which range from minor to severe
- Large white bumps beneath the skin, which are filled with pus
- Pain and discomfort may be associated with any of the above
- Potential scarring from previous acne
NIH Case Study
A study on the effectiveness of CBD oil in the treatment of acne was published in both the National Institute of Health (NIH) and the Journal of Clinical Investigation in September of 2014.
The results conclusively showed that CBD oil possesses anti-inflammatory qualities which aid in the treatment of acne by reducing swelling and redness. It also found that active cannabinoids found in the research oil are readily absorbed through the skin, meaning that oral ingestion is not necessary to treat skin conditions.
A second well-documented research study was carried out by Tamas Biro. Biro works at the University of Debrecen in Hungary, in the Physiology Department.
Biro’s study found that CBD oil has the unique quality of suppressing excess oil production without interfering with normal glands. This occurs because cannabidiol opens up channels in skin cells which allow for calcium to flow into the sebaceous glands.
This means that CBD has the potential to be used in all three primary skin types – oily, dry, and combination – because it dries up oil without drying out your skin. Up until now, there have been little to no acne remedies which work for all three skin types because of distinct variations in each.
How To Use CBD for Acne
The best way to use CBD for acne in both adults and teenagers is through topical application. Most people find that CBD oil works well, although there are also creams available which contain a mixture of CBD and other useful, natural herbs. Whichever form you choose to use, the application process is the same.
- Before bed, wash your face with a gentle cleanser.
- Rinse thoroughly, and pat dry.
- Apply the CBD to the skin in a thin layer. This can be left on your skin to work on your acne as you sleep.
- In the morning, rinse your skin (do not wash) and pat dry.
- Repeat this routine each night for optimal effects.
Other Tips for Reducing Acne
Like other acne treatments – or treatments for any ailment, in fact – the use of CBD oil works best when it is part of a larger plan. The most important part of using CBD in the fight against teen or adult acne is that it is natural, and no harsh chemicals need to be absorbed into your body. Here are a few tips we highly suggest you undertake with CBD acne treatment.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated
- Eat a balanced diet
- Exercise, which allows for the pores to cleanse themselves through sweat (Steam works in a similar fashion)
- Avoid harsh cleansers or facial products
- Always remove all makeup, sunscreen, bug spray, etc. from your skin before bed
- Wash your pillow cases every other night
- Pull hair back from your face while sleeping
Remember also that it is important to purchase your CBD products from a reliable, trusted company like Terravida.
CBD GUMMIES 30CBD CONSUMABLES
30 Per Bag
CBD HAND & BODY WASHCBD SPA
8oz | 236ml
CBD DROPS 250MGCBD CONSUMABLES
1FL OZ ( 30 ml)
CBD BATH SALTSCBD SPA
16oz | 480mg
CBD GUMMIES 50CBD CONSUMABLES
50 Per Bag