WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HEMP SEED OIL VS HEMP OIL?
In your research or searches you have probably come across the terms “hemp seed oil” and “hemp oil.” Some websites use the terms interchangeably and that can be quite confusing. The two products are actually completely different. The only similarity is that both are derived from the hemp plant, the cannabis sativa plant that contains less than 0.3% THC. Hemp seed oil is extracted from the seeds just like most oils. Hemp oil is extracted from the stalks, the flowers and the leaves of either hemp or other Cannabis sativa plants.
Hemp Seed Oil
Hemp seed oil is expressed from the seeds of the hemp plant. Since only the seeds are used, hemp seed oil does not contain CBD and the other cannabinoids that are found in the flowers, stalks and leaves of the hemp plant. This is a major difference from hemp oil. Its popularity is growing because it gives a list of health benefits that have been confirmed through research, such as:
- Hormone balance. Hemp seed oil contains gamma linoleic acid (GLA), an essential building block for prostaglandins, hormone-like compounds that assist in many body functions. As scientists have found out, supplementing with GLA may improve hormone health and reduce symptoms associated with PMS and menopause.
- Promotes heart health. Hemp seeds are rich in the essential fatty acids omega-6 and omega-3 in the ratio 3:1. In case you are wondering why this ratio is important, studies have found that the ratio should never exceed 4:1, so 3:1 is a very good ratio for our health. Omega-3s and omega-6s reduce cholesterol levels in the blood and remove any build-up in the arteries. That way they promote heart health.
- Lowers blood pressure. Hemp seed oil contains the amino acid arginine which contributes to the production of nitric acid which makes blood vessels relax and dilate. That way it lowers blood pressure and ultimately prevents heart disease.
- Prevents heart disease. The GLA in hemp seed oil is known to reduce inflammation and the absence of inflammation is known to prevent heart disease.
- Prevents cancer. The combination of omega-3 fatty acids and GLA fortify the immune system and reduce inflammation. That prevents the development of cancer.
- Assists in weight loss. GLA is a natural appetite suppressant and it curbs sugar cravings. So, it helps in weight loss as you take in less calories.
Please note that we are not making any medical claims here as hemp seed oil is a dietary supplement. The quality of hemp seed oil tends to be almost uniform irrespective of where you buy it or where the hemp was grown.
Hemp Oil aka CBD Oil
Hemp oil or CBD oil is completely different from hemp seed oil. It is made by adding CBD extracted from the stalks, the flowers and the leaves of the hemp plant to a base oil. Its main ingredient is CBD which has many health benefits. Some of the many health benefits are:
- Pain relief. When this oil interacts with the ECS it has an analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect. It has been found to be particularly useful for relief of chronic pain.
- Anxiety relief. Hemp oil has shown promise in alleviating anxiety and depression. In a study done on 24 people who suffered from social anxiety disorder, participants were given either CBD or placebo. The group that took CBD performed better in public speaking than the group that took placebo. More research is required of course. However, if the results hold for future research, CBD oil may become a useful supplement for people who want to avoid allotropic treatments.
- Relief of cancer related symptoms. CBD oil has been found to provide relief for cancer sufferers who have a lot of pain and nausea linked to chemotherapy.
- Treatment of substance abuse, since it relieves withdrawal symptoms.
- Reduces risks of diabetes and heart disease.
These are just a few of the many health benefits that you can get by taking hemp oil (aka CBD oil). Please note that we are not making any medical claims here since hemp oil is a health supplement. Please note also that hemp oil is powerful so it tends to interact with any drugs that you may be taking. It is wise to discuss with your medical practitioner before taking hemp oil.
The quality of hemp oil or CBD oil differs depending on where and how the hemp was planted. It may contain more than 0.3% THC which may cause legal problems and drug test problems. It may also contain less than 0.3% in which case there are no legal problems. Also, hemp oil is made from the stalks and flowers of the hemp plant. If the hemp is grown in toxic soil, the CBD oil may contain toxins that will harm your health. It is therefore very important to find out where the hemp was grown to make sure your hemp oil is safe. It is also wise to understand how the CBD was extracted since the extraction method affects quality.
We have done our research and found good quality CBD oil and CBD products from reputable manufacturers who buy only from reputable hemp farmers. One of our favorites is the terravidaonline.com CBD product range that are made from broad-spectrum CBD that contains “zero THC.” You get to benefit from all the other cannabinoids, terpenes and flavanols without worrying about THC. Did you know that cannabinoids are the only natural compounds that are able to turn on the endocannabinoid system in humans and animals? When the ECS is turned on, the body’s systems are can function at optimal levels. Even your pets can benefit.
Hemp seed oil is definitely different from hemp oil which is also known as CBD oil. Their sources are different and their health benefits are different. While hemp seed oil helps consumers to improve health generally, hemp oil actually alleviates some symptoms and even provides relief from some health problems.
CBD AFTER SUN RENEW & REJUVENATECBD WELLNESS
2oz | 60ml
CBD DROPS ZERO THC 1000MGCBD CONSUMABLES
1FL OZ (30ml)
CBD BATH SALTSCBD SPA
16oz | 480mg
$67.99Add to cart
CBD DAY & NIGHT FACE MOISTURECBD SKIN CARE
1oz | 30ml
CBD FACE CLEANSERCBD SKIN CARE
4oz | 118ml