HOW CBD OIL CAN RELIEVE CHRONIC PAIN
If you’ve ever experienced chronic pain, you know how important it is to find a solution with as few side effects as possible. Whether you’ve been prescribed medications by your doctor that has resulted in unpleasant reactions or you’re simply looking for a natural alternative to prescription medications, CBD oil may be your answer.
According to a recent study, Cannabidiol (CBD) has been shown to reduce pain and inflammation without side effects, whereas traditional prescription medications produce overwhelming amounts of reactions, including blood pressure problems, nausea, and even drug addiction. Perhaps this is why so many people are turning to CBD oil for the pain relief they deserve.
HOW DOES CBD OIL RELIEVE PAIN?
Although you’ve likely heard of THC, which is responsible for producing a feeling of being “high”, CBD does not cause a high. CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis and is an effective anti-inflammatory that can help support a more active lifestyle. Many factors contribute to the success of CBD oil as a pain reliever, which is why sufferers of common illnesses like fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis (MS), and osteoarthritis are all among the beneficiaries of CBD’s healing effects. Here are some ways it helps relieve chronic pain.
Relaxes the Muscles
Especially important if you suffer from chronic pain, but want to remain active, CBD can help relax the muscles to reduce pain. If you have medical conditions like ankylosing spondylitis that can greatly inhibit your mobility, CBD oil can slow down the progression, thus allowing you to move more freely.
Controls Neuropathic Pain
The nervous system is responsible for the transmission of pain signals through areas of the brain and spinal column. When there is inflammation in the body, chronic pain can be at its worst. This is where CBD oil can really help. It targets the neurons responsible for transmitting pain signals, potentially shutting down some receptors and calming neuropathic pain.
A major source of chronic pain, inflammation can be difficult to treat over the long term. However, CBD is a natural anti-inflammatory which is part of why it’s such a great choice for pain relief.
Decreases Hypersensitivity to Pain
A dysfunction in the nervous system is typical of fibromyalgia and is a source of chronic pain for many people. According to some medical professionals, deficiencies in the endocannabinoid system can lower your pain threshold causing hypersensitivity to pain. CBD helps reduce that sensitivity and is also attributed to improving sleep quality.
Different Ways to Use CBD
One of the greatest advantages of CBD is that it’s extremely versatile in that there are several ways you can use it to get the pain relief you’re looking for. Some common ways you can use CBD include:
- Food & Drink — CBD can be added to food and drinks. You can add CBD to meals yourself or purchase CBD-infused items where other CBD products are sold.
- Skin Patches — Transdermal patches, or skin patches, deliver CBD through the skin. They cross the skin’s outer barrier to enter the body and are heat activated, which releases small amounts of CBD over about a four to six hour period.
- Lotions and Creams — Effective for treating pain, inflammation, and sore muscles, CBD-infused creams and lotions interact with the endocannabinoid receptors under the skin.
- Oils and Tinctures — Usually taken under the tongue using a dropper, CBD oils and tinctures offer a wide range of benefits including pain relief, reduced inflammation, and muscle relaxation.
- Vaporizing — The quickest method for getting CBD into the bloodstream, inhaling it means that it is absorbed through the lungs. Although it takes effect right away using this method, it also wears off fairly quickly, which means you will need to take additional doses if you want a prolonged effect.
At TerraVida, we’re committed to helping people just like you get the pain relief they deserve. If you or a loved one is suffering from chronic pain due to an illness or injury, contact us to learn more about the pain-relieving effects of CBD hemp oil.
CBD PET ORAL DROPSCBD ANIMALS AND PETS
250MG | BTL
1oz | 30ml
CBD RADIANCE CREAMCBD SKIN CARE
WITH COLLAGEN & RETINOL
0.5oz | 15ml
CBD PET CONDITIONING SHAMPOOCBD ANIMALS AND PETS
8oz | 236ml
$42.00Add to cart
CBD GUMMIES 10CBD CONSUMABLES
10 Per Bag
CBD AGE FIGHTING CREAMCBD SKIN CARE
WITH APPLE STEM CELLS
1oz | 30ml