New Year’s Eve might represent the biggest night for celebrating all year long. Whether we’re adorning ourselves out on the town in glittery gowns and tuxedos or snuggling up in our pajamas to watch the ball drop on TV, there’s a good chance we’re going to drink too much.
You might feel great at the stroke of midnight and an hour or two beyond. But, after finally falling asleep and waking up again at eight or nine, you may not feel well at all.
You wake up with a pounding headache, the feeling you’ll never eat or drink again, and a lot of regrets for downing a bottle of champagne. No doubt, you will spend most of New Year’s Day with a painful hangover.
What causes hangovers?
While dancing to your favorite tunes, it seems like a good idea to down that extra beer. So, why do we feel so awful the next day?
Overconsumption of alcohol represents the number one cause of hangovers. Your risk for developing a hangover multiples if you already suffer from a toxic buildup or possess a vitamin or mineral deficiency. Abuse of alcohol leeches essential vitamins and minerals from our bodies. Additionally, non-alcoholic ingredients that add color and smell to spirits such as whiskey and brandy and red wine also contribute to developing a hangover.
We end up waking up miserable because too much alcohol causes the following:
- Dehydration results in everything from muscle cramps to severe electrolyte imbalances. We become dehydrated when we drink too much since it causes frequent urination, which leads to dehydration.
- Gastrointestinal irritations of the linings of the intestines and stomach contribute to nausea and vomiting.
- Low blood sugar causes fatigue and weakness.
- Sleep disturbances often take place after overconsumption of alcohol, but even light or moderate drinking may contribute to middle-of-the-night awakenings.
Some of the most common hangover symptoms include:
- A faster heartbeat
- Body aches and pains
- Bloodshot eyes
- Severe headache
- Problems focusing
If you experience any of the following symptoms, you should seek medical attention:
- Irregular breathing
- A state of stupor
- Pale or bluish skin
- Blacking out
- Continuous vomiting
Treating a hangover:
Of course, drinking responsibly and avoiding a hangover all together represents the best advice. But hindsight doesn’t help much while holding your pounding head. So, drink lots of water and beverages with electrolytes, take some pain relievers, and get as much rest as possible.
Additionally, many natural products and supplements line the shelves with the claim of curing or preventing a hangover. CBD oil represents one of those products looked at as a cure for the typical hangover.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol or CBD represents a significant cannabinoid in the hemp plant. The oil or serum extraction of the CBD oil takes place through CO2 extraction or maceration of the plant material in a carrier oil.
Though CBD comes from the same Cannabis Sativa as marijuana, it does NOT make you high. To carry the label of hemp rather than marijuana, a plant must contain less than .3% THC. Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC represents the cannabinoid in marijuana famous for its psychoactive properties.
How does CBD help with hangovers?
CBD, like everything else, does not represent an instant cure for a hangover. Recovering from a hangover takes time as your body deals with the various disturbances and deficiencies.
However, CBD may help both with controlling the frequency and severity of hangovers in the following ways:
- Taken routinely, CBD works with the body’s ECS to maintain homeostasis. A series of acid molecules referred to as endocannabinoids makeup the Endocannabinoid system or ECS. Found in all organs and systems of all mammals, the ECS helps keep everything running smoothly. When the ECS suffers abuse due to inherited or self-afflicted lifestyle choices, such as over-indulgence of alcohol, ingesting cannabis serves to assist it. Cannabis possesses a system that mirrors that of the ECS, making it ideal for boosting the ECS.
- CBD reduces anxiety.
- CBD improves sleep quality.
- CBD helps with pain control.
- CBD connects with neurological pathways, which may help control nausea.
Incorporating CBD into your everyday life:
Besides helping with the sick feeling of hangovers, CBD products administered orally or topically may help reduce symptoms associated with other unbalanced bodily systems. Additionally, the CBD hemp oil contains several healing ingredients, such as plant proteins, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids.
Since CBD enjoys a legal status in all 50 States, you can buy CBD hemp oil products here at TerraVida Online. We offer high-quality CBD hemp oil products which undergo rigorous third-party testing for purity and potency.
Using hemp CBD skin care products works with the body’s largest organ to assist the ECS in providing healthier skin.
Though the side-effects of CBD are few, you should not use CBD when pregnant or nursing. Also, check with your doctor if your blood pressure measures in the below-average range. And, of course, check with a doctor if any questions or concerns arise regarding CBD use.
For more information on the benefits of CBD, please reach out to us here at TerraVida Online. We are always happy to hear from you.
CBD DROPS 250MGCBD CONSUMABLES
1FL OZ ( 30 ml)
CBD GUMMIES 10CBD CONSUMABLES
10 Per Bag
CBD SILK MASSAGE CANDLECBD SPA
7oz I 210mg
CBD PET CONDITIONING SHAMPOOCBD ANIMALS AND PETS
8oz | 236ml