Help Alleviate Symptoms of Alzheimer's with CBD
As we age, and our bodies begin to lose their ability to fend off diseases, we become more susceptible to developing devastating illnesses such as Alzheimer’s, a form of Dementia. Although age plays a role in developing Alzheimer’s, there are other contributing factors that can increase the odds of getting the disease, such as genetics and lifestyle choices.
What is Alzheimer’s?
Alzheimer’s is a mental disease that progressively deteriorates a person’s cognitive abilities to the point where they are rapidly stripped of their ability to communicate, think critically, and perform simple everyday tasks. Alzheimer’s only differs from Dementia in the rate in which the symptoms develop. Dementia gradually gets worse over time as opposed to Alzheimer’s, which the symptoms rapidly worsen.
What Are the Symptoms of Alzheimer’s?
- Memory Loss– Memory loss, especially in relation to recently acquired information, is one of the most common signs of Alzheimer’s disease. Other elements of memory loss in connection with this disease include forgetting important dates and repeatedly asking for the same information.
- Problems with Critical Thinking – An issue that occurs with many people in the early stages of the disease is difficulties solving problems and working with numbers.
- Difficulty Completing Familiar Tasks– People with Alzheimer’s are known to have difficulties completing everyday tasks that they previously had no issues accomplishing.
- Issues with Speaking & Writing– People with Alzheimer’s often have issues engaging in conversations and writing. This is due to their inability to follow conversations and recall words.
- Misplacing Things– People with Alzheimer’s usually have a difficult time recalling where they put things such as car keys, glasses, or anything else that they may deem to be important in their everyday lives. When they lose something, they may have trouble retracing their steps, and the frequency in which they lose things will increase over time.
- Poor Judgment– People with Alzheimer’s often experience a decrease in their ability to make sound decisions. This symptom can manifest itself in different aspects of a person’s life (i.e., financially, and health-wise).
- Changes in Mood– People with Alzheimer’s often experience a change in mood and personality. They are often easily confused, afraid, and anxious when they are interacting in new environments and with unfamiliar people.
- Issues with Vision – Some people with Alzheimer’s may experience problems with their vision, and this issue usually ranges from trouble determining the distance of something to difficulty reading.
CBD and Alzheimer’s
While there is no cure for Alzheimer’s, there is evidence that suggests cannabis could help delay the progression of the cognitive illness, according to Gary L. Wenk, a professor of psychology, neuroscience, molecular virology, immunology, and medical genetics at Ohio State University. He states in his research after the age of 30 our brains begin to show evidence of inflammation, and as we age the inflammation worsens which results in a decline in new neuron production. The creation of new neurons is called neurogenesis and is an essential component in the process of making new memories. Cannabis is known to stimulate our brain’s endocannabinoid receptors, which can help reduce inflammation and help reestablish neurogenesis.
For those looking to treat the symptoms of Alzheimer’s for themselves or a loved one, consider using CBD oil. CBD is known to possess many therapeutic properties, some of which include the ability to relieve pain, alleviate anxiety & depression, and reduce inflammation. TerraVida is missioned to continue to provide some of the highest quality, CBD in the market, with the objective of enhancing the lives of all who use it. To learn more about our CBD hemp oil products, visit us at TerraVida today.
CBD GUMMIES 50CBD CONSUMABLES
50 Per Bag
CBD DROPS 5000MGCBD CONSUMABLES
1 FL OZ (30ml)
CBD PET CONDITIONING SHAMPOOCBD ANIMALS AND PETS
8oz | 236ml
CBD FACE TONERCBD SKIN CARE
4oz | 118ml
CBD DROPS 1000MGCBD CONSUMABLES
1 FL OZ (30ml)