DOES CBD OIL PROVIDE BETTER QUALITY SLEEP?
Who doesn’t love waking up refreshed after a good night’s sleep? Waking up ready to face the day never hurt anyone’s appearance either. The term beauty sleep has a practical side to it.
A good night’s sleep consists of six to ten hours of sleep, with twenty percent of those hours spent in the REM stage.
An occasional poor night of sleep does not make a healthy person unhealthy, but consistent periods of poor sleep will contribute to health problems. And, an individual who has a short-term or chronic illness must experience sufficient sleep to regain or optimize their health. CBD health and wellness products generally help with better health and therefore better sleep.
So, in general, healthy individuals usually sleep pretty well, but additionally, making sure you get a good night’s sleep could also lead to better health. Try a CBD hemp oil spray with pure CBD from our CBD product line to safely improve your sleep.
Conditions that cause poor sleep:
Our busy lives and racing minds often make up at least one of the reasons we lie asleep at night when we should be in dreamland, but other conditions and factors contribute as well:
- Consuming caffeine in the late afternoon or too close to bedtime.
- Overindulging in alcoholic beverages especially close to bedtime contribute to sleep disturbances.
- Chronic pain makes it difficult to get to sleep.
- Autoimmune conditions such as fibromyalgia prevent getting into the REM stage of sleep.
- Inadequate preparation for sleep as in watching violent or disturbing television programs.
Problems with insufficient sleep:
In addition to not feeling or looking our best, a Harvard Study found six specific issues that inadequate sleep cause:
1. Metabolism slows down with lack of sleep making weight gain likely and losing weight more difficult.
2. You may find your disposition or mood compromised with insufficient sleep, possibly leading to depression or anxiety.
3. Cognitive functions such as learning and memory suffer from not enough sleep.
4. Safety, in general, comes into play with inadequate rest, but especially with driving and operating machinery.
5. Heart health depends on proper sleep.
6. Insufficient sleep compromises the immune system thereby encouraging disease in general.
What is CBD hemp oil?
CBD hemp oil and other cannabidiol products derive from the cannabis plant high in CBDs. The extraction method varies but may include CO2 extraction or infusion in alcohol or nonalcoholic carrier oil. Sometimes flavored and diluted it has both internal and external uses.
CBD oil does not typically contain any tetrahydrocannabinol or THC and will not make you high. Though both hemp and marijuana hail from the cannabis sativa plant, a marijuana plant contains between .5 and 30% THC while the hemp plant must contain less than .3% THC.
How does CBD work?
Like all cannabinoids, CBD hemp oil and cannabidiol products works with the body’s endocannabinoid system or ECS. The ECS discovery came during research in the eighties conducted to determine why cannabis was helpful for so many conditions. Made up of a series of acidic endogenous molecules throughout the body, the ECS provides balance or homeostasis to the body.
Since the cannabis plant has the same system as the ECS, it can help achieve balance when poor health habits or disease have compromised the ECS. The cannabis works at the cellular level when it reaches C1 and C2 receptors and sends the appropriate signal to achieve homeostasis.
How to use CBD oil products for sleep:
Of course, CBD hemp oil works best for sleep when combined with a healthy lifestyle and a soothing bedtime routine. The key to using CBD oil for sleep involves dosage and timing. Taken too late or in the incorrect amount it may act as a stimulant.
Try taking the oil at least two hours before bedtime to achieve restorative night’s sleep. The manufacturer’s recommendation and tolerance will determine the dosage.
And, take advantage of your good night’s sleep by using CBD skin care products.
Check with a healthcare professional if you have questions or concerns regarding CBD hemp oil products for sleep.