Crossing the Finish Line with Cannabidiol: A Runner's Guide to CBD
Cultivated from the hemp plant, CBD has become a popular natural supplement for alleviation of a variety of ailments, maladies, and conditions. Cannabidiol, the full name for the non-psychoactive Cannabis component, has seen some incredible research results that have linked the cannabinoid, the moniker for the more than one hundred known chemical aspects that make up the herb, with everything from acne relief to slowing the progression of the likes of Parkinson’s disease and some forms of cancer. However, one use for CBD that is rarely considered is for recovery for athletes. With the stigma that Cannabis has long endured in the sports world it may surprise some to find out that The World Anti-Doping Agency, the organization responsible for deciding what medicinal aids athletes can use while in competition, has recently removed CBD from it’s list of banned substances.
One of the athletic pursuits CBD has shown the most promise for is running. Running is an activity that can put extreme physical stress on our bodies. Though this stress can be both positive and negative in the long run, dealing with the pain that is associated with this stress can not only lead us to training downtime but can actually damage our bodies if not approached properly. Research is beginning to show that over the counter drugs such as Ibuprofen and Naproxen Sodium have a greater negative effect on our systems than previously considered. When using CBD oil for pain, or any form of CBD pain relief, we can treat the pain associated with this body stress in a healthier and safer way.
How and Why Does CBD Benefit Runners?
CBD products have a variety of advantages for runners including, but not limited to:
- Replacing the use of over the counter drugs known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, or NSAIDs, like Advil and Aleve, that have been shown to increase the risk of stroke and heart attack.
- Replacing the use of opioids for pain relief, which are known for their incredible addiction rate and risk of overdose.
- Relief of pain, including that caused to the musculoskeletal system by hard workouts and exercise.
- Helps to alleviate unneeded inflammation to help the body’s immune system after a particularly hard training session.
- Aiding in achieving better sleep which results in better recovery and ultimately better workouts.
- resulting in less inflammation in both the large and small intestines to quell GI pain which is the number one cause of dropping out of competition for runners.
These benefits are due to the way CBD effects our body’s Endocannabinoid system. Though little is currently understood in depth about the Endocannabinoid system, it is known that cannabinoids are produced naturally within our body and that this system is charged with regulating homeostasis within the body by regulating neurotransmitters within the nervous system by attaching endocannabinoids, like 2-AG and EAE, to CB1 and CB2 receptors located throughout the body. It is believed that CBD interacts with this system and attaches to certain receptors to inhibit inflammation and pain, a detrimental benefit for runners under stress from hard workouts and training.
The TerraVida Advantage
TerraVida has a variety of cannabidiol products and cannabidiol oil for sale. TerraVida are knowledgeable and professional retailers of all things CBD and are an excellent place to buy CBD hemp oil. With a variety of different options, including CBD topicals, tinctures and skin care products, contact TerraVida today to find out what they have for you to help you cross the finish line.
CBD HAND & BODY WASHCBD SPA
8oz | 236ml
CBD SOFTGELS ZERO THCCBD CONSUMABLES
900MG / Bottle
$89.00Add to cart
CBD BATH SALTSCBD SPA
16oz | 480mg
CBD AFTER SUN RENEW & REJUVENATECBD WELLNESS
2oz | 60ml
CBD BODY MOISTURE BLAST BUTTERCBD SKIN CARE
3.8oz | 112ml