CBD & Yoga: A Match Made in Heaven
Yoga and CBD is a match made in heaven! To understand why exactly this is so—i.e. what makes a yoga practice and CBD products perfect complements—let’s first review the benefits of yoga.
The Many Benefits of Yoga
If you’re already a yoga practitioner, then you’ve discovered first-hand at least some of the many physical, mental and emotional benefits of this ancient practice, for instance:
- Calming the nervous system
- Releasing mental and physical tension
- Enhancing immunity
- Improving mental focus
- Increasing blood flow
- Regulating the adrenal glands
- Promoting the body’s healing response
- Nourishing happiness and peace of mind
You’ve probably also noticed some structural/functional benefits of your time on the yoga mat, such as:
- Improved spinal health and posture
- Strengthened joints and ligaments
- Increased range of motion
- Help with injury prevention
- Improved strength, flexibility and balance
- Enhanced overall body function
And if you’re brand new to yoga—then let’s just say you’re in for a real treat! There are many different styles of yoga, each with its unique gifts:
- The precision of the Iyengar lineage.
- The flowing intensity of Ashtanga vinyasa.
- The deeply restorative and therapeutic Kaiut method.
- The emotional intelligence of Kripalu yoga-therapy.
In short, there are a multitude of ways that yoga can improve your health and wellness. So find a class that works for you, and enjoy!
How CBD Enhances Yoga
What’s really interesting to notice is that many of the proven benefits of yoga practice (that we’ve just discussed) are similar to the benefits associated with CBD oil.
The way CBD works has a lot to do with how it beneficially effects the endocannabinoid system (ECS). And the ECS provides balance to a wide variety of physical and emotional functions:
● The immune system
● The cardiovascular system
● Appetite and digestion
● Mental health and mood
● The stress response
● Skin health and vitality
● Intraocular pressure and eye health
● Neurological function and protection
● Reward circuits (which make exercise and sex enjoyable)
The effects of yoga and CBD are mutually enhancing because:
1. Like yoga, CBD is known for modulating the stress response. When used in tandem, the stress-relief and anxiety-melting effects are even greater.
2. Like yoga, CBD can improve our mood. When used together, mood-enhancement is even more pronounced. In other words: we feel really good!
3. Like yoga, CBD can enhance your immunity. When used in tandem and over time, yoga and CBD can strengthen your immune system—which means you get sick less often.
4. Like yoga, CBD can help reduce physical pain and inflammation. When used together, yoga practice and CBD products can provide significant relief from physical pain—which means your body becomes more fit and comfortable.
The bottom line is that your yoga practice is going to be enhanced via the use of CBD products—and vice versa! The benefits of the two dovetail in so many ways … which is why it’s a match made in heaven!
Natural Ways to Balance the Endocannabinoid System (ECS)
As mentioned above, CBD works to harmonize the endocannabinoid system (ECS)—which is often thrown out of balance by our modern-day high-speed lifestyles. Luckily, there are some natural ways to keep your ECS happy, which include:
- Daily exercise. The so-called “runner’s high” is the result of endocannabinoids. But more mellow forms of exercise—walking, biking, swimming—also help to balance the ECS.
- A healthy diet. Make sure to include: (1) Lots of fresh organic veggies; (2) High quality protein; and (3) Healthy fats and oils, such as coconut oil, olive oil, sesame oil, almond oil, avocado oil, butter and ghee; along with a krill or salmon oil supplement.
- Periodic fasting and detoxing. Juice fasting and occasional intestinal cleanses are great for supporting overall health.
- Getting enough sunlight. It’s through sunlight that the body gets the vitamin D that it needs.
- Meditation and yoga to reduce stress. Even 10-15 minutes daily can work wonders.
- CBD products. More on these below.
Keeping your ECS happy goes a long way toward keeping you happy—which makes it a totally worthwhile project!
CBD Products for Yoga Practice
Along with diet, exercise, yoga and meditation—and getting healthy doses of sunlight—one of the most effective ways to keep your endocannabinoid system harmonized is with a CBD salve or supplement. Here are the CBD products that are particularly beneficial to yoga practitioners:
- CBD relief salve to sooth sore muscles and joints—before and/or after your yoga class.
- CBD bath salts to soak away muscle aches and tension—wonderful right before bed, to set the stage for deeply nourishing sleep and inspiring dreams.
- CBD capsules and drops for the full internal support of your endocannabinoid system—with all the mental-emotional and physical benefits that this entails.
If you incorporate one, two or all three of these CBD products into your life, chances are good that, over time, you’ll notice a very sweet deepening of your yoga practice: the natural outcome of a match made in heaven.
Questions or comments? Please feel free to contact us.
CBD ANTI-STRESS & RELAXATION ORAL SPRAYCBD WELLNESS
0.25oz | 8ml
$34.00— or subscribe and save 30% Add to cart
CBD DROPS 250MGCBD CONSUMABLES
1FL OZ ( 30 ml)
CBD MOISTURIZING CONDITIONERCBD SPA
8oz | 236ml
CBD BEFORE & AFTER RADIATION CREAMCBD WELLNESS
2oz | 60ml