HOW DOES CBD BENEFIT YOUR DOG?
Cannabidiol, or CBD oil, is a naturally occurring substance found in the cannabis or hemp plant. CBD oils give you all the medical benefits of the cannabis plant, without the psychoactive effects that make you feel ‘stoned’. CBD products are gaining momentum as they are becoming more commonly recognized and accepted as a legitimate medical product with a wide variety of benefits to all. So if cannabidiol products are safe and effective for humans, could they be used to help our furry loved ones too? The answer is yes, find out how CBD products could help improve your dog’s health and well-being.
Cannabidiol has many medical uses for dogs including:
- Marijuana has been used to treat pain for thousands of years. Scientists have discovered that the CBD compound in the plant is responsible for its pain relieving properties, and can also help reduce inflammation.
Reduces Anxiety And Depression
- If your dog gets crazy and scared because of loud noises, for instance during firework shows or thunderstorms, try giving the dog a dose of CBD oil about thirty minutes before the loud noises start. The CBD will act as a calming agent and your dog will be much more relaxed, without any negative side effects.
- Dogs suffering from post traumatic stress disorder can also benefit from the anxiety reducing effects of CBD oil.
- Cannabidiol not only treats the side-effects of cancer such as pain and nausea, it also stops cancerous cells from growing and increases the death of tumorous cells.
- According to research provided by Project CBD, “mounting evidence shows ‘cannabinoids’ in marijuana slow cancer growth, and inhibit formation of new blood cells that feed a tumor.”
Increases Appetite and Reduces Nausea
- If you are having trouble getting your dog to eat due to old age or stomach problems, cannabidiols can help make your dog’s stomach feel better, and will even increase their appetite so they can keep some food down.
Helps with Insomnia and Sleeplessness
- If your dog has trouble settling down for the night, try giving them a dose of CBD oil before bedtime. Your dog will be relaxed, and have the best night of sleep they have ever experienced.
Improves Heart Health
- According to CannabisMD, “CBD has been found to also reduce risk of artery blockage.”
- Due to CBD’s stress and anxiety reducing properties, it can also naturally and effectively lower high blood pressure.
- CBD is also a powerful antioxidant, and therefore reduces inflammation and the death of cells caused by heart disease.
Will CBD make your dog high?
Absolutely not. The part of the marijuana plant that makes you feel ‘stoned’ is the THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol. CBD oil contains very little to no THC, so you do not feel the psychoactive effects. It is much different from smoking or vaping marijuana. It is very safe for humans and animals alike to consume. You can overdose on CBD if too much is taken, but it is never fatal, you will just feel lethargic, need to drink lots of water, and sleep.
More and more pet owners and veterinarians are using cannabidiol products on dogs and seeing a huge turn for the better in the health of the pet. It is a miracle medicine; without the negative side effects or possibility of allergic reaction that are present in alternative pharmaceutical drugs.
If you are interested in Cannabidiol products for your fuzzy loved one, visit the Pet & Animal Products page on our website. Our CBD Chew Treats for Pets is a favorite among pet owners. If you have any questions about CBD and its uses, visit our blog for all the information you need. We offer free shipping on domestic orders over $90. Be good to yourself with CBD.