HOW TO TREAT ARTHRITIC PAIN IN YOUR DOG WITH CBD
HOW DOES ARTHRITIS DEVELOP IN DOGS?
Although arthritis is typically seen in older dogs, the issue is not necessarily exclusive to a particular age group. Young dogs can also develop the disorder, following problems arising during the bone and joint development stage. The root of arthritis stems from joint instability caused by irregular rubbing within the joint. Irregular joint rubbing can be a result of ligament damage, abnormal cartilage, and trauma. There are many variables that can determine the likelihood of a beloved pet developing the disorder, but luckily there are ways to naturally treat arthritis, that won’t compromise the longevity and quality of life of your furry friend.
What are the Signs of Arthritis in Dogs?
- Is your dog experiencing pain or stiffness that is visibly affecting its movement?
- Is your dog more agitated than usual?
- Are you noticing a loss in your dog’s mobility?
- Have you noticed that your dog is paying an unusual amount of attention to a particular area (constant licking of that area)?
If you answered yes to these questions, it may be time to take your pet to the veterinarian to get confirmation on the diagnosis and figure out possible treatment options.
How to Treat Arthritis in Dogs:
CBD is a great way to help with arthritis in dogs. CBD stands for Cannabidiol and is a non-psychoactive element of cannabis. It is used to decrease symptoms for a plethora of ailments in mammals such as symptoms of cancer, nausea, pain, anxiety and much more according to petMD.
A dog’s body (along with all other mammals) possesses receptors in their endocannabinoid system, in which cannabinoids interact with by stimulating or blocking them to help control and treat issues ranging from anxiety to arthritis.
Along with using CBD to treat your dog’s arthritis, implementing a change in their diet, keeping them warm and maintaining a healthy level of physical activity can assist in combating the ailment. Being immobile and cold could trigger the effects of arthritis, so remember to keep your dog warm and moving.
What is The Best Way to Administer CBD To Your Dog?
The best way to administer it to your pet is in the form of CBD oil, right under the tongue. This method offers the fastest relief, as the active ingredients are immediately absorbed through the mucous membrane (the location of many small blood vessels) and pushed directly into the bloodstream. If your dog or cat is like mine then you might want to consider the easier to administer CBD chew treats or “hide” the CBD hemp oil in their favorite foods.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF GIVING YOUR DOG CBD?
Although CBD is safe, natural, and non-toxic , there are still potential, minor, non-life-threatening side effects. These include:
- Dry Mouth – It has been shown that CBD has the potential to affect saliva production. In dogs, pet owners would see this come to fruition as the animal’s thirst increases.
- Lowering of Blood Pressure – This is particularly seen in high doses, and can temporarily lead to the feeling of light-headedness in your pet.
- Drowsiness – Due to CBD’s calming abilities (i.e., treating anxiety and panic attacks), one of the possible side effects could lead to minor drowsiness, especially if administered in high doses.
- Difficulties Metabolizing Drugs – In high doses, CBD could potentially hinder the production of some liver enzymes, resulting in the interference of the breaking down of some medication.
*If your pet is taking medication, please consult your local veterinarian before administering CBD.
*Start your pet off with low doses of CBD, and monitor how it reacts before increasing the dosage.
The TerraVida team pride ourselves on providing only the highest quality CBD to our customers. To learn more about our products, contact us here today.
CBD DROPS 500MGCBD CONSUMABLES
1FL OZ (30ml)
CBD BUBBLE BATHCBD SPA
8oz | 236ml
CBD BROWN SUGAR SCRUBCBD SPA
8oz | 236ml
CBD SOFTGELS 900MGCBD CONSUMABLES
900MG / Bottle
CBD CHEW TREATS FOR PETSCBD ANIMALS AND PETS
5MG CBD per Serving
2.12oz | 60g