CBD and Anger Management
It is normal for people to react with anger when there too much stress, provocation or too much pain for too long. But when the anger becomes uncontrollable or when it flares up all the time, it affects mental health and relationships with other people. A study done by Harvard Medical School found that almost 8% of adolescents have anger issues called intermittent explosive disorder. Anger issues are even more common in adults as well as displayed in road rage and other explosive situations. You’ll be pleased to know that Terravidaonline sells the 5000MG tincture, one of THE MOST potent CBD products in the world, that is trusted and recommended by Doctors. But let’s dive into the issue of anger management first before discussing CBD.
There are different types of anger disorders. Some widely accepted types of anger include:
- Chronic anger. It is there for too long and can affect the immune system and cause other mental disorders.
- Passive anger, which does not always show and can be difficult to identify. It can present as sarcasm, indifference or meanness and the person may be unaware of it.
- Overwhelmed anger, caused by burdens and demands that are too much to bear.
- Self-inflicted anger, caused by shame and guilt feelings and focused toward the self.
- Judgmental anger, which may be linked to resentment against other people.
- Volatile anger, which includes impulsive spells of unnecessary or vicious anger. This one can cause physical damage to people and property.
Causes of Anger Disorders
A person’s environment is normally the leading cause of anger. Issues such as financial problems, abuse, stress, overwhelming demands on a person energy and time and poor social/familial situations can lead to anger disorders. For other people anger disorders are caused by chemical imbalances in the brain. One such imbalance is the imbalance in catecholamines (CA). CAs are neurotransmitters in the brain that facilitate many functions of the central nervous system such as thinking, reasoning, emotions, motor control, memory processing, endocrine modulation. Having a deficiency or excess CAs can lead to the development of uncontrolled anger.
The three main catecholamines are epinephrine, dopamine and norepinephrine. They have a lot in common but they also have different roles to play.
- Dopamine is essential for controlling emotional responses. It regulates thinking, reasoning, understanding, perception, problem solving, and sensitivity. The brain works well when there is just enough dopamine. Deficiency of dopamine makes it difficult to think and focus. Excessive levels of dopamine make it difficult for the brain to process information.
- Epinephrine is normally released during times of fear, stress, excitement or anxiety and drives the “fight or flight” response. Too much epinephrine causes anxiety, hyperactivity and adrenal fatigue. Too little epinephrine causes depression and persistent adrenal stimulation.
- Norepinephrine helps to improve memory, focus, attention and mood. Deficiency causes anxiety, moodiness, and inability to focus. Too much of it causes manic episodes.
It is obvious that when there is imbalance in one or more of the CAs, a person can display problems such as anger.
The consequences of out-of-control anger
Out-of-control anger causes the following physical, mental and social problems:
• It causes diseases. Constantly operating at high stress and anger levels increases the risks of high blood pressure, heart disease, insomnia, diabetes, and a weakened immune system.
• It hurts mental health. Chronic anger uses up a lot of mental energy. It also causes mental fog making it harder to concentrate on work or enjoy life. It leads to depression, stress and other mental health problems.
• It damages careers. Lashing out at constructive criticism, creative differences, and heated debate alienates colleagues, supervisors, and customers and erodes their respect.
• It hurts relationships. Anger outbursts cause lasting scars in family (particularly children), friends and colleagues. People with explosive anger make it hard for others to trust them, to speak honestly, or to feel comfortable.
It is obvious that people with anger issues need a lot of help so that they can prevent illness and mend relationships.
Anger Management with CBD
Cannabidiol (CBD) has become a hot new product in the past few years. It is one of the many cannabinoids found in abundance in some cannabis plants, and it does not cause a high. A lot of events and research led to its legalization in the US in December 2018 and its addition to the UK pharmacopoeia of medicines that are available to NHS patients by prescription. That is because it relieves a long list of health problems including mental health problems such as stress, anxiety, depression and sleeplessness. Now people are using it for anger management!
The body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS) is a system that was not known until it was discovered by a scientist in the 1990s. It regulates various systems in the body. Among its many roles, it sends out the correct neurotransmitters at the right time so that people react appropriately to any trigger. However, if the ECS is not functioning properly, a person can get imbalanced and can get symptoms such as sensitivity to anger. By targeting the brain’s anxiety, people can manage the anger and CBD can help with that.
The ECS produces a number of cannabinoids and one of them resembles CBD. That means the body is naturally receptive to CBD which interacts smoothly with the ECS. By regulating the ECS, CBD helps to regulate a number of systems in the body, including the brain and the nervous system.
When CBD enters the body, it searches throughout the body for imbalances, holes and inconsistencies and attempts to fix them. Scientists have discovered that CBD can help calm an overactive brain by controlling neurotransmitters. When treated with CBD, people’s reactions to situations that cause fear or panic are much less severe. This enables them to think clearly during moments of panic like the one that accompanies anger.
Some people are angry because they have chronic pain, and luckily CBD relieves pain, reducing irritability that normally causes anger.
How to Use CBD
Tinctures that are put under the tongue are the quickest way into the bloodstream. They will help in moments when an angry person is about to break everyone or everything around. For people who have long term anger issues, tablets are available that slowly metabolize in the body, giving users long lasting effects that can calm down anger. The effect is to decrease anxiety, leading to less anger outbursts. The quality of CBD is not yet regulated so there are any number of CBD products and varying qualities. It is wise to research the manufacturers to make sure that they produce high quality CBD. You will want to avoid products that contain too much THC, the psychoactive cannabinoid, since it ten.
CBD BODY HEALING CREAM
8oz I 236mg
CBD CHEW TREATS FOR PETS
CBD ANIMALS AND PETS
5MG CBD per Serving
2.12oz | 60g
CBD RELIEF ROLL-ON GEL
3oz | 90ml
CBD RADIATION CREAM
2oz | 60ml
CBD BUBBLE BATH
8oz | 236ml